:: Home    :: Welcome to Cat509's Weblog    :: This is my blog

Blog Archives

Previous Posts

Post Labels
memes
personal
test

Blog Feed
::Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
Comments [Atom]
::Add to My Yahoo!
:: Add to Google
::
::

:: Subscribe with Bloglines
::Add to netvibes
::Add to Technorati
::Add to Newsgator


Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

:: Technorati Profile


 

Search This Blog


Useful Holiday Websites


:: Butterball Turkey's Website
:: Pillsbury's Website
:: M&M's Website
:: Amazon.com's Website
:: Crayola's Website
:: Expedia.com's Website
:: 12 Days of Christmas
:: Giveanything.com
:: Ebay's Website

Blog Sites


:: Complete Guide to Web Logs
:: Library Weblogs
:: Blog Finder
:: Aortal Link
Coming Soon.

My Daily Blog Reads

bloglines
Google Reader


Participation

:: Monday Madness
:: Manic Monday
:: Mondays a Bitch
:: tuesday twosome
:: Qirky Tuesday
:: tuesday is chooseday
:: Wednesday Mind Hump
:: Thursday Threesome
:: Five on Friday
:: Saturday 8
:: Saturday Special
:: Sunday Seven
:: Participation Positives
:: photo hunt
:: Booked by Three
:: Book a Month Challenge
:: the daily meme

My meme webring

Etc.


< webloggers >
< ? blogs by women # >

:: READ ME

::

Listed on BlogShares


Tagboard by Tag-Board.Org
Name:

URL or Email:

Message [Smilies]:





:: Saturday, November 29, 2003 ::

Monday Mission


1. It is a lovely 21 degrees here in Oklahoma, and since
walking in from the parking lot, I can't seem to warm up. I've got the coffee to
my right and the space heater to the left and the non-functional central heat
blowing above me. What do you do to get warm when you are very cold? Hot
chocolate and turn the furnace up. also get a blanket.


2. What is the first thing you do in the morning after you get up?
visit the rest room


3. I mentioned earlier in the week that Sub Hunt was one of
the first arcade games I ever remember playing. Many years later I would become
equally entranced by the Atatri 2600 (ugh, I am showing my age now, aren't I?).
Do you remember the very first video game you ever played (arcade,
handheld, console, etc.)? What do you remember about that experience? oregon
trail on the old trash 80's


4. Do you have a good memory or do you find that you need to write
things down to remember them? write them down


5. I am currently really getting a kick out of the Citibank
Citicard commercials about Identity theft, to the point of quoting them out loud
(which no one gets, I really need new some geeky-er friends). What are
some of your all-time favorite television commercials? the hershey's kiss ad for
christmas


6. Since Thanksgiving is this week, I felt like I just had
to throw in the obligatory food question, so here goes. Do you have a
favorite Thanksgiving food that is made by one person, and no one makes it
better? If not, then what is your favorite food to eat at Thanksgiving?

(Those who don't celebrate Thanksgiving feel free to insert your favorite fall
food) I love it all! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls,
and pumpkin pie made by the loving hands of my parents with a little help from
myself


7. Wireless telephone companies will now let you move your
cell number to another carrier, or move your land line number to your cell. Not
only is this incredibly convenient, it forces cell phone companies to be more
competitive. Are you planning to switch cell phone companies as a result
of this new law, or possibly pit two companies against each other for a better
deal? no




BONUS: Where?


Today's Comment Question: What should be free, but isn't? internet access


Monday Madness


1. How many books have you read in the past year? at least 2

2. What book should be banned based on its boring subject matter? not sure

3. What book should be (or should have been) on the 'best seller' list but
wasn't? not sure

4. What time of the day do you do most of your reading? during dinner or at
night

5. If you were to write a book, what would be its title? not sure


Two for Tuesday


1. On this Thanksgiving, what will you be giving thanks for? a roof over my
head and it's contents, my family and friends and my job


2. Do you go for the turkey or the ham? What's your ideal Thanksgiving Day
plate? Turkey. stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce. rolls, and pumpkin
pie


Wednesday Whatevers

1. Who do you feel pity for, and why? people who have to spend the holidays
with out family


2. Who do many others feel sorry for, but you don't and why? michael jackson

3. What is the worst thing you have ever done to somebody?  not sure


3 for thursday


What hobbies if any do you have? surfing the net and crafts

What hobbies if any are you interested in but never really had the time for?
crafts

What 3 things you can't do would you enjoy doing...anything at all. not sure




Thursday Threesome


Onesome. Happy. When you think about being happy, what comes to mind? Is
there something that always gives you a smile no matter how down you may be?
love and friendship


Twosome. Thanksgiving. In the US, it's Thanksgiving. But we can all be
thankful. Tell us, what are YOU thankful for? a roof over my head and it's
contents, my family and friends and my job


Threesome. 2003. It's getting close to the end of another year. As you begin
to reflect back, pick out a couple of good things that have happened this year.
Yeah, we all have the bad, but today, just focus on the good!

Fixing and building things around the house. My friends.

the friday five


1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not? yes!



2. What was the last thing you purchased? an sd card



3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why? both

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it? yes .25



5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing? not sure


Saturday 8


1. today is the 40th anniversary of the jfk assassination. are you old enough
to remember this event? no



2. how do you feel about the 40th anniversary coverage & biographies? do we have
too much coverage, is it just right, or should there be more coverage? good but
it's depressing



3. what is the earliest 'national tragedy' that you remember? how did it affect
you? The challenger shuttle blowing up.



4. have you ever visited the site of a tragedy/assassination (like ground zero,
versace's deathplace or where john lennon was shot), or the grave of someone
killed in a national tragedy (jfk, or even elvis)? why or why not? no but I
lived in Dallas 10 years ago.



5. where were you on 9/11/01? how did it affect you personally or
professionally? home.



6. many of my friends are apathetic about the space shuttle tragedies, saying
that the space programme is unneeded and that people who get into a rocketship
are taking their lives into their own hands anyway. how do you feel about the
two space shuttles that we've lost thus far, and do you agree with my friends?
why or why not? no



7. with the violence in iraq and the protests against president bush on his
recent trip to the UK, do you feel that the US is ripe for another national
tragedy like 9/11 again? why or why not? yes



8. which national or international figure's death, whether it be a professional,
celebrity or political figure, has had the most impact on you emotionally? why?
not sure



thanks for playing! see you next week for our thanksgiving roundup!!! :)


Sunday Brunch


1. How do you usually spend your Thanksgiving Day? going to my parents or my
aunt and uncle's house

2. Do you have the traditional turkey dinner or something else? traditional
turkey

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? Turkey. stuffing, mashed
potatoes, cranberry sauce. rolls, and pumpkin pie

4. Do you stuff yourself or eat in moderation? stuff myself

5. The day after Thanksgiving is suppose to be "the biggest shopping day of the
year", do you go shopping on that day? yes


Weekly Wrap-Up


1. Define the ideal characteristics of good role model. Why did you pick
these characteristics? some one you can look up to and will teach you things and
listen to you


2. Who was your role model when you were a child? Why? Does this person still
have role model appeal to you? Why or why not? my parents. yes


3. Which celebrity is a good role model? Why? Who isn't and why? no one
really


4. Have you ever been told that you were someone's role model? What happened?
If this hasn't happened to you, how would you feel if you found out that it was
so for a friend, family member, colleague, etc.? no I might feel embarrassed but
it would be a good thing


5. Who is your role model now? Why? my parents


What's On ..... Right Now?


What's On the way out Right Now  my trash. but not sure
stylistically





Participation Positives



I had a great thanksgiving



My friend Erin called me.



I have 4 days off. I spent thanksgiving with family at my parents house. I did
things with my parents on Friday. My brother came over saturday. I need to fix
things around the house on sunday as well as laundry and bake. It's a weird
thing but after last weeks friday five question about who would you want to
contact you one of the five did. yea! I want to send a Hanukah card to another
person on that list this year. I also saw "Bringing down the house" on Monday.
Good movie.

Labels: ,

:: Cat509 :: 8:43 PM :: [+] :: Comments (0) :: :: ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment







My Info

 :: Profile
:: Contact Me
:: Chat With Me
:: My Homepage
:: Cat509's Webcam Page
:: Cat509's Webcam Page


About Me

::Movies I've seen recently

  • TNMT

:: Last Videos/DVDs I rented/watched

  • Last Holiday
  • Cheaper by the Dozen
  • Shaggy Dog


:: Videos/DVDs I want to rent/Buy

  • We Are Marshall
  • Fantastic 4
  • Pirates of the Caribbean


:: Movies I want to see

  • Harry Potter
  • Die Hard 4
  • Rush Hour 3
  • Shrek 3
  • Spiderman
  • Rattatouille


:: What's in my CD player

  • The cds I burned


:: Cds I want to buy

  • Brooks and Dunn
  • Diamond Rio


:: New Gameboy games

  • MySims


:: What I'm watching

  • TLC
  • HGTV
  • Food Network
  • Travel Channel
  • Toon Disney
  • Discovery Home
  • Boomerang
  • Extreme Makeover Home Edition
  • Trick My Truck
  • Pimp My Ride
  • Queer Eye


:: What I'm working on

  • Cross Stitch Christmas towels


:: What I'm Reading

  • The Divide


:: What I am learning

  • CSS


:: What I want to learn

  • DHTML


::My Favorite Things

::My Current Desktop

My Wishlist

 

Powered by Blogger
Animated gif provided by Badger's Animated Gif Gallery
Smilies from Mazeguy Smilies and Feeny's Funhouse: Feeny's Journal
wbloggar : Blogger Forum.

Old Trackback provided by Haloscan.
Old comments by: YACCS.; Banner created by Daisyhead Delectables