:: Home    :: Welcome to Cat509's Weblog    :: This is my blog

Blog Archives

Previous Posts

Post Labels
memes
personal
test

Blog Feed
::Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
Comments [Atom]
::Add to My Yahoo!
:: Add to Google
::
::

:: Subscribe with Bloglines
::Add to netvibes
::Add to Technorati
::Add to Newsgator


Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

:: Technorati Profile


 

Search This Blog


Useful Holiday Websites


:: Butterball Turkey's Website
:: Pillsbury's Website
:: M&M's Website
:: Amazon.com's Website
:: Crayola's Website
:: Expedia.com's Website
:: 12 Days of Christmas
:: Giveanything.com
:: Ebay's Website

Blog Sites


:: Complete Guide to Web Logs
:: Library Weblogs
:: Blog Finder
:: Aortal Link
Coming Soon.

My Daily Blog Reads

bloglines
Google Reader


Participation

:: Monday Madness
:: Manic Monday
:: Mondays a Bitch
:: tuesday twosome
:: Qirky Tuesday
:: tuesday is chooseday
:: Wednesday Mind Hump
:: Thursday Threesome
:: Five on Friday
:: Saturday 8
:: Saturday Special
:: Sunday Seven
:: Participation Positives
:: photo hunt
:: Booked by Three
:: Book a Month Challenge
:: the daily meme

My meme webring

Etc.


< webloggers >
< ? blogs by women # >

:: READ ME

::

Listed on BlogShares


Tagboard by Tag-Board.Org
Name:

URL or Email:

Message [Smilies]:





:: Sunday, July 27, 2008 ::

:: new things to learn ::

 

Learned lots of good thing over the past few weeks.

From here

Thing 29 - Personalized Start Pages - Igoogle - have ; NetVibes - have ; My Yahoo - have but made changes since they made upgrades I didn't know about.

Thing 28 - Social Task Lists  - Gubb - haven't tried it ; Clockit - just signed up but haven't used it yet ; Remember the Milk - have

Thing 27 - This One Next - Looks like a great readers advisory tool.

Thing 26 - Evernote - just signed up but haven't tried it yet.

Thing 25 (also tech talk Friday) - Friendfeed - just signed up. It's fun.

Thing 24 - Greasemonkey - Have it installed on Firefox but haven't really used it yet.

Thing 23 - Gnod - Looks like a great readers advisory tool.

Thing 22 - Web Office 2.0 - I use Google Docs and Zoho out of the list.

Thing 21 - Teacher Tube - Haven't really tried it but it looks useful for teachers.

Thing 20 - Evaluating the Net - Gives good sites for evaluating web sites.

Thing 19 - Flickr Revisited - I use picnik at work sometimes. Haven't used their groups or videos much.

Thing 18 - Claim your ID online - I just signed up for Claimid. It was hard to figure out how to set up but once I did I was fine.

Thing 17 - Creative Commons - Very useful free stuff.

Thing 16 - Are You LinkedIn? - Yes I am.

Thing 15 - LastFm - Have an account but don't use it often.

Thing 14 - Edit your photos without Photoshop - I hadn't used Pixenate or Resizr before but they are cool. I like Phixr as well. Haven't used Photoshop Express.

Thing 13 -lib.rario.us

Thing 12 - Google Maps - I've created my own map in google maps.

Thing 11 - Librarything Revisited - I knew about librarything local - very useful. but I didn't know that you can use it on your cellphone. Cool

Thing 10 - IM Safety - Links to excellent IM safety websites. Very important.

Thing 9 - Pandora - Have an account but don't use it often.

Thing 8 - Jott - I have an account but don't use it often.

Thing 7 (and tech talk Friday) - Goodreads - Just joined but haven't used it yet. Looks like a useful tool though.

Thing 6 - Ebooks and their readers - I have used netlibrary and overdrive. I like them. I want to try a Kindle or Sony Reader someday.

Thing 5 - Tumblr - Haven't tried it.

Thing 4 - Twitter- Have an account.

Thing 3 - Setting up your Facebook Profile - I have an account.

Thing 2 - Online Privacy - Links to excellent online safety websites. Very important.

Thing 1 - Accessing Electronic Books

Tech Talk Friday - xtimeline  - great timeline making website.

Google Docs now has cool templates. I love them. They also introduced Lively. I downloaded it and set it up but haven't played with it yet. They also introduced Knol. Haven't used it yet.

Day in the life of a librarian has been fun to follow. Learn how fellow library workers spend their days at work. I've learned things from them too.

oldest living blogger dies. Wow, blogging at 108. I can't believe it. How cool.

del.icio.us Tags: personal

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

:: Cat509 :: 2:10 PM :: [+] :: Comments (0) :: :: ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment







My Info

 :: Profile
:: Contact Me
:: Chat With Me
:: My Homepage
:: Cat509's Webcam Page
:: Cat509's Webcam Page


About Me

::Movies I've seen recently

  • TNMT

:: Last Videos/DVDs I rented/watched

  • Last Holiday
  • Cheaper by the Dozen
  • Shaggy Dog


:: Videos/DVDs I want to rent/Buy

  • We Are Marshall
  • Fantastic 4
  • Pirates of the Caribbean


:: Movies I want to see

  • Harry Potter
  • Die Hard 4
  • Rush Hour 3
  • Shrek 3
  • Spiderman
  • Rattatouille


:: What's in my CD player

  • The cds I burned


:: Cds I want to buy

  • Brooks and Dunn
  • Diamond Rio


:: New Gameboy games

  • MySims


:: What I'm watching

  • TLC
  • HGTV
  • Food Network
  • Travel Channel
  • Toon Disney
  • Discovery Home
  • Boomerang
  • Extreme Makeover Home Edition
  • Trick My Truck
  • Pimp My Ride
  • Queer Eye


:: What I'm working on

  • Cross Stitch Christmas towels


:: What I'm Reading

  • The Divide


:: What I am learning

  • CSS


:: What I want to learn

  • DHTML


::My Favorite Things

::My Current Desktop

My Wishlist

 

Powered by Blogger
Animated gif provided by Badger's Animated Gif Gallery
Smilies from Mazeguy Smilies and Feeny's Funhouse: Feeny's Journal
wbloggar : Blogger Forum.

Old Trackback provided by Haloscan.
Old comments by: YACCS.; Banner created by Daisyhead Delectables